Gledhill-Brook Time Recorders Ltd

History

Gledhill-Brook ClockThe company was registered in 1912, when G.H. Gledhill & Sons (a company manufacturing cash registers from 1883) bought the assets and patents of the failed Stockall-Brook Time Recorders Company and went into partnership with Frank Brook. Many improvements were made to the Stockall-Brook design to manufacture a much higher quality card time recorder, using clock movements ordered in from Haycocks of Ashbourne. Built on the success of the first machines, the company went on to patent and manufacture a complete range of models, most with fusee movement options.

The company was based at the Empire Works in Huddersfield, and had contracts to supply the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Air Force with bomb release mechanisms and other equipment during both world wars.

They continued to produce the range of very high quality time recorders up to 1964, when the failing business was sold to the Simplex Time Recorder Company (UK) Ltd.